Nonprofits run by smart, passionate people and doing important, meaningful work have a big impact. And there’s nothing a like good gala to remind you just how big… or to remind us how much we like helping them. We enjoyed promoting these great client events in the last 10 days:
The Edward A. Myerberg Center celebrated its 40th anniversary and honored its founding president at its annual spring event. The evening raised funds to support programs for older adults, including 8,000 meals served each year to low-income seniors.
At the Young Audiences “Taste the Arts” gala, 650 guests dined on specialties from 20+ restaurants, honored arts advocates and supported the organization’s programs that bring teaching artists into 450+ schools and community centers throughout the state.
On Monday night, the inaugural Heart of the School Awards exceeded all expectations – 550 guests from Baltimore’s business and philanthropic communities honored Baltimore City public school principals (more than 100 of them were in attendance) and awarded 11 principals with funds to support their schools.
May 26, 2016 Comments Off on Gala Season
May 5, 2016 Comments Off on Client on the Cover
Sometimes you need to bring something down in order to build something up.
That was the case this morning as the Maryland Film Festival began demolition of the Chicken Box building at the corner of Charles and North. The site will be a new addition to the historic Parkway Theatre, which will open a year from now as the Parkway Film Center.
We like boosting up our clients. Today, we liked seeing them brought down.
April 28, 2016 Comments Off on The Ups and Downs of PR
Congratulations to Molly Dressel! She’s been promoted to Account Coordinator. Thanks, Molly, for the good work, good thinking, and commitment to our clients and the firm.
April 26, 2016 Comments Off on Molly’s Movin’ Up
Our client La Cuchara, the Basque restaurant in Meadow Mill, will celebrate its one year anniversary next week. That’s 362 unique menus, over 26,000 pintxos served, and lots of great press coverage, including these recent hits:
- Inclusion in a USA Today story about Baltimore’s expanding food and bar scene
- Profile of Chef Ben, one of the participants in an upcoming challenge for charity, in Baltimore Magazine
- Named one of the Top 50 restaurants in Baltimore by Baltimore Magazine
- Baltimore Sun video of one the restaurant’s signature dishes
April 12, 2016 Comments Off on Big Basque Coverage
Congratulations to Account Coordinator Dennis Mizzoni whose design was selected as GEDCO’s 25th anniversary logo!
GEDCO, a local nonprofit that provides community, homeless and senior services, and contributes to real estate development, held a competition for designers to create a new logo to commemorate its anniversary.
Dennis was honored for his work at GEDCO’s annual meeting. Check out the winning logo:
Good work, Dennis!
April 4, 2016 Comments Off on Mizzoni Wins Logo Competition
We were pleased with the huge TV turnout at the Motor Trend International Auto Show over this past weekend. In retrospect, it had all the ingredients for a media bonanza:
Good visuals—more than 500 gleaming cars.
Good angles—dream cars, customs creations and the latest in car technology.
Good guests—willing and early-rising spokespeople.
Good thinking—and the confidence of TV producers, assignment editors and reporters to have shots planned, guests prepped and talking points mastered—even with three stations shooting different stories at the same time.
The attention to detail paid off in media interest and public attendance—24 live shots in four days and a nice increase in the number of visitors over previous years.
February 10, 2016 Comments Off on Turbocharged Results
It’s a new year and we have some cool new projects and clients, so we’re creating two new positions. We are currently accepting resumes for both.
We are looking for someone with 5+ years of PR experience who can contribute to the firm’s growth by:
– producing thoughtful, results-oriented public relations and marketing work for our clients
– providing sound strategy and innovative thinking to staff and clients
– managing and developing staff
– being an active member of the leadership team
– sharing knowledge of current (and future!) best practices and trends in public relations and media
– providing day-to-day, in-the-moment, ongoing guidance on client work and relationships
The person in this role will produce and coordinate work for clients by:
– producing thoughtful, results-oriented public relations and marketing work
– managing promotions
– producing content for media
– providing ideas and insight in planning and strategic discussions
– tracking and recording work and results for clients
– being an active member of client teams
The ideal candidate will have at least one year of professional public relations experience.
Both of these are new positions so there is an opportunity to shape them for the right candidate.
Resumes can be sent to email@example.com. (No phone calls, please.)
January 4, 2016 Comments Off on Two Positions Available
We’re beginning the holiday weekend and ending the year in a festive mood. In the past few days, many of our clients have spread their good news—some good holiday cheer—with us. We are pleased that we have had a role in their success.
– Record attendance and sales at two of Sugarloaf Craft Festivals’ fall shows
– A $2 million construction grant awarded to the Maryland Film Festival for the renovation of the Parkway Theater in Station North.
– La Cuchara, the Basque restaurant in Hampden/Woodberry, was one of only two restaurants named in the Daily Beast’s designation of Baltimore as a 2016 Hottest Destination, was listed as a Top Ten New Restaurant in City Paper, and was cited in Baltimore Magazine’s “Best Eats of 2015.”
Joy to the world. And to our clients.
December 23, 2015 Comments Off on Glad Tidings
The Myerberg Center’s Bagel Boys Men’s Club is featured in today’s Jewish Times. The Club helps older men remain social and active at a time when they might otherwise become disengaged from their community. Not only does the article acknowledge the success of the program, but the Jewish Times is the ideal place to reach potential Bagel Boys members, and Myerberg supporters.
December 18, 2015 Comments Off on Spread on the Bagel Boys