Sometimes you need to bring something down in order to build something up.
That was the case this morning as the Maryland Film Festival began demolition of the Chicken Box building at the corner of Charles and North. The site will be a new addition to the historic Parkway Theatre, which will open a year from now as the Parkway Film Center.
We like boosting up our clients. Today, we liked seeing them brought down.
April 28, 2016 Comments Off on The Ups and Downs of PR
Congratulations to Molly Dressel! She’s been promoted to Account Coordinator. Thanks, Molly, for the good work, good thinking, and commitment to our clients and the firm.
April 26, 2016 Comments Off on Molly’s Movin’ Up
Our client La Cuchara, the Basque restaurant in Meadow Mill, will celebrate its one year anniversary next week. That’s 362 unique menus, over 26,000 pintxos served, and lots of great press coverage, including these recent hits:
- Inclusion in a USA Today story about Baltimore’s expanding food and bar scene
- Profile of Chef Ben, one of the participants in an upcoming challenge for charity, in Baltimore Magazine
- Named one of the Top 50 restaurants in Baltimore by Baltimore Magazine
- Baltimore Sun video of one the restaurant’s signature dishes
April 12, 2016 Comments Off on Big Basque Coverage
Congratulations to Account Coordinator Dennis Mizzoni whose design was selected as GEDCO’s 25th anniversary logo!
GEDCO, a local nonprofit that provides community, homeless and senior services, and contributes to real estate development, held a competition for designers to create a new logo to commemorate its anniversary.
Dennis was honored for his work at GEDCO’s annual meeting. Check out the winning logo:
Good work, Dennis!
April 4, 2016 Comments Off on Mizzoni Wins Logo Competition
We were pleased with the huge TV turnout at the Motor Trend International Auto Show over this past weekend. In retrospect, it had all the ingredients for a media bonanza:
Good visuals—more than 500 gleaming cars.
Good angles—dream cars, customs creations and the latest in car technology.
Good guests—willing and early-rising spokespeople.
Good thinking—and the confidence of TV producers, assignment editors and reporters to have shots planned, guests prepped and talking points mastered—even with three stations shooting different stories at the same time.
The attention to detail paid off in media interest and public attendance—24 live shots in four days and a nice increase in the number of visitors over previous years.
February 10, 2016 Comments Off on Turbocharged Results
It’s a new year and we have some cool new projects and clients, so we’re creating two new positions. We are currently accepting resumes for both.
We are looking for someone with 5+ years of PR experience who can contribute to the firm’s growth by:
– producing thoughtful, results-oriented public relations and marketing work for our clients
– providing sound strategy and innovative thinking to staff and clients
– managing and developing staff
– being an active member of the leadership team
– sharing knowledge of current (and future!) best practices and trends in public relations and media
– providing day-to-day, in-the-moment, ongoing guidance on client work and relationships
The person in this role will produce and coordinate work for clients by:
– producing thoughtful, results-oriented public relations and marketing work
– managing promotions
– producing content for media
– providing ideas and insight in planning and strategic discussions
– tracking and recording work and results for clients
– being an active member of client teams
The ideal candidate will have at least one year of professional public relations experience.
Both of these are new positions so there is an opportunity to shape them for the right candidate.
Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. (No phone calls, please.)
January 4, 2016 Comments Off on Two Positions Available
We’re beginning the holiday weekend and ending the year in a festive mood. In the past few days, many of our clients have spread their good news—some good holiday cheer—with us. We are pleased that we have had a role in their success.
– Record attendance and sales at two of Sugarloaf Craft Festivals’ fall shows
– A $2 million construction grant awarded to the Maryland Film Festival for the renovation of the Parkway Theater in Station North.
– La Cuchara, the Basque restaurant in Hampden/Woodberry, was one of only two restaurants named in the Daily Beast’s designation of Baltimore as a 2016 Hottest Destination, was listed as a Top Ten New Restaurant in City Paper, and was cited in Baltimore Magazine’s “Best Eats of 2015.”
Joy to the world. And to our clients.
December 23, 2015 Comments Off on Glad Tidings
The Myerberg Center’s Bagel Boys Men’s Club is featured in today’s Jewish Times. The Club helps older men remain social and active at a time when they might otherwise become disengaged from their community. Not only does the article acknowledge the success of the program, but the Jewish Times is the ideal place to reach potential Bagel Boys members, and Myerberg supporters.
December 18, 2015 Comments Off on Spread on the Bagel Boys
We are currently accepting resumes from motivated, outgoing and enthusiastic college students looking for an exciting internship for the spring semester.
Interns at Himmelrich PR work as part of our client teams and produce real work (not “busy work”) for our clients, including events and shows, nonprofits, attractions and corporations.
– researching media outlets and personnel
– providing ideas for promotions
– assisting in planning client events
– identifying media, contacts and client opportunities
– writing media and promotional materials, including press releases, newsletters and blogs
– creating content for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
We welcome resumes from communications, public relations, marketing, English or business majors who want to build their portfolios and their knowledge of public relations.
Internships are unpaid and should be used for academic credit. Applicants interested in working at a fun office in Hampden, filled with smart and nice people should email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.
November 12, 2015 Comments Off on Spring Internship Opportunities Available!
We’ve been working with the Maryland Film Festival to plan and promote Parkway 100: The Parkway Theatre’s Birthday Celebration. This past Friday, 150 guests launched the public portion of the $18 million fundraising campaign at a VIP event, followed by more than 750 guests celebrating the Parkway Theatre’s 100th birthday at the Ynot Lot. (Baltimore’s Parkway Theatre on North Avenue in Station North opened on October 23, 1915.)
Information about Parkway 100 and the Theatre’s restoration was all over the media. The Baltimore Sun ran a great piece in print and included Parkway 100 in the Week’s Ten Best events. The Baltimore Messenger featured a cover story and a second article online. The Daily Record, Baltimore Fishbowl, Bmore Art, Bisnow, Baltimore Magazine and Baltimore Brew all wrote about the Theatre and Friday’s events. Baltimore City Paper had an online photo gallery of the interior of the Theatre, a second gallery with photos from the event, and a blog post about Parkway 100. And Maryland Film Festival Executive Director Jed Dietz appeared on WBFF, twice on WYPR, and toured the Parkway with Ron Matz of WJZ.
October 26, 2015 Comments Off on Lights, Camera, Parkway!