It’s a new year and we have some cool new projects and clients, so we’re creating two new positions. We are currently accepting resumes for both.
We are looking for someone with 5+ years of PR experience who can contribute to the firm’s growth by:
– producing thoughtful, results-oriented public relations and marketing work for our clients
– providing sound strategy and innovative thinking to staff and clients
– managing and developing staff
– being an active member of the leadership team
– sharing knowledge of current (and future!) best practices and trends in public relations and media
– providing day-to-day, in-the-moment, ongoing guidance on client work and relationships
The person in this role will produce and coordinate work for clients by:
– producing thoughtful, results-oriented public relations and marketing work
– managing promotions
– producing content for media
– providing ideas and insight in planning and strategic discussions
– tracking and recording work and results for clients
– being an active member of client teams
The ideal candidate will have at least one year of professional public relations experience.
Both of these are new positions so there is an opportunity to shape them for the right candidate.
Resumes can be sent to email@example.com. (No phone calls, please.)
January 4, 2016 Comments Off on Two Positions Available
We’re beginning the holiday weekend and ending the year in a festive mood. In the past few days, many of our clients have spread their good news—some good holiday cheer—with us. We are pleased that we have had a role in their success.
– Record attendance and sales at two of Sugarloaf Craft Festivals’ fall shows
– A $2 million construction grant awarded to the Maryland Film Festival for the renovation of the Parkway Theater in Station North.
– La Cuchara, the Basque restaurant in Hampden/Woodberry, was one of only two restaurants named in the Daily Beast’s designation of Baltimore as a 2016 Hottest Destination, was listed as a Top Ten New Restaurant in City Paper, and was cited in Baltimore Magazine’s “Best Eats of 2015.”
Joy to the world. And to our clients.
December 23, 2015 Comments Off on Glad Tidings
The Myerberg Center’s Bagel Boys Men’s Club is featured in today’s Jewish Times. The Club helps older men remain social and active at a time when they might otherwise become disengaged from their community. Not only does the article acknowledge the success of the program, but the Jewish Times is the ideal place to reach potential Bagel Boys members, and Myerberg supporters.
December 18, 2015 Comments Off on Spread on the Bagel Boys
We are currently accepting resumes from motivated, outgoing and enthusiastic college students looking for an exciting internship for the spring semester.
Interns at Himmelrich PR work as part of our client teams and produce real work (not “busy work”) for our clients, including events and shows, nonprofits, attractions and corporations.
– researching media outlets and personnel
– providing ideas for promotions
– assisting in planning client events
– identifying media, contacts and client opportunities
– writing media and promotional materials, including press releases, newsletters and blogs
– creating content for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
We welcome resumes from communications, public relations, marketing, English or business majors who want to build their portfolios and their knowledge of public relations.
Internships are unpaid and should be used for academic credit. Applicants interested in working at a fun office in Hampden, filled with smart and nice people should email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.
November 12, 2015 Comments Off on Spring Internship Opportunities Available!
We’ve been working with the Maryland Film Festival to plan and promote Parkway 100: The Parkway Theatre’s Birthday Celebration. This past Friday, 150 guests launched the public portion of the $18 million fundraising campaign at a VIP event, followed by more than 750 guests celebrating the Parkway Theatre’s 100th birthday at the Ynot Lot. (Baltimore’s Parkway Theatre on North Avenue in Station North opened on October 23, 1915.)
Information about Parkway 100 and the Theatre’s restoration was all over the media. The Baltimore Sun ran a great piece in print and included Parkway 100 in the Week’s Ten Best events. The Baltimore Messenger featured a cover story and a second article online. The Daily Record, Baltimore Fishbowl, Bmore Art, Bisnow, Baltimore Magazine and Baltimore Brew all wrote about the Theatre and Friday’s events. Baltimore City Paper had an online photo gallery of the interior of the Theatre, a second gallery with photos from the event, and a blog post about Parkway 100. And Maryland Film Festival Executive Director Jed Dietz appeared on WBFF, twice on WYPR, and toured the Parkway with Ron Matz of WJZ.
October 26, 2015 Comments Off on Lights, Camera, Parkway!
Over the past two weekends we’ve spent a lot of time at the Maryland State Fairgrounds coordinating TV segments, gathering social media content, and kicking off our fall season of promoting consumer shows!
Last weekend, the Sugarloaf Crafts Festival brought over 200 artists, live demonstrations and tens of thousands of visitors to the Fairgrounds. On Saturday, a metal artist appeared in-studio on WBFF to demonstrate his talent, and on Sunday, WJZ promoted the last day of the Festival with visits to artists’ booths.
This past weekend, the Maryland Home and Garden Show filled the Fairgrounds with home improvement ideas, seminars, and lots of TV. On Thursday, WBFF featured the show as its Hometown Hotspot. On Friday, Ron Matz from WJZ spoke with presenter Boyce Thompson about the newest in eco-friendly home gadgets. And on Sunday morning, WBFF returned for five segments.
With all this TV, we (and our clients) definitely fared well at the Fairgrounds!
October 19, 2015 Comments Off on Faring Well at the Fairgrounds
As our arts branding and community development practices grow, so do we.
Our new Project Coordinator Taylor DeBoer will be part of the team working on our newest project, the launch of the public campaign of the historic Parkway Theatre. We are excited about working with both Taylor and the theatre’s developer, the Maryland Film Festival.
September 21, 2015 Comments Off on New Work and Worker
Today City Paper released its Best of Baltimore issue, and it was awesome (but not unexpected) to see many of our clients listed.
La Cuchara was named for Best Pintxos and Best Cocktail and was mentioned as an example of the Best Dining Trend: International Cuisine; the Maryland Science Center has the Best Toy Store; the Maryland Film Festival was cited for Best Synergy; and Old Line Spirits was mentioned in the Best Trend (craft distilling) category.
In the reader’s poll, Live Baltimore was voted the runner up for Best Baltimore-Related Website, La Cuchara won runner up for both Best New Restaurant and Best Tapas, and the Maryland Science Center was named the runner up for Best Place to Take Kids.
We’re happy to see that City Paper and its readers know what we already do—our clients are the best!
September 16, 2015 Comments Off on City Paper’s Best of Baltimore
This past Saturday’s Akimbo Dance and Movement Art Festival brought together much of what we love: lots of people having a good time, record attendance, great media coverage, and activity in one of our favorite Baltimore Neighborhoods—Station North.
September 14, 2015 Comments Off on Saturday in Station North
We are seeking a motivated and diligent PR professional with 1-3 years of experience to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will have proven success working with the media, managing client relationships, producing thoughtful plans and providing creative ideas.
– Developing strategies and messaging for client positioning and visibility
– Identifying media opportunities and outlets
– Pitching local and national media and securing placements
– Writing and distributing media materials
– Developing communications and event plans
– Researching and monitoring client industries and trends
– Producing online content including social media posts, blogs, and newsletters
– Guiding activities of other client team staff members and interns
– Planning and managing logistics for events
– Providing creative ideas for branding projects
– Managing client relationships, communication and processes
We will only consider candidates who have previous experience working with the media.
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
August 20, 2015 Comments Off on New Position Available – Account Coordinator